← swipe →
2021 August Dates Coming Soon
Prices listed are per person:
Shared Room: $5098
Private Room: $6298
Explore the cowboy in you.
Fly-fish in beautiful catch and release ponds.
Trot through forests, grasslands, spring creeks, and alpine mesas.
Visit a ranch committed to restoring the ecosystem.
Dine like a king on high-quality local meat and produce all week.
Relax poolside while sipping a cool beverage.
Raft a stretch of the Class 3 Colorado River.
“Wonderful trip! Hosts were great! Fellow guests were funny, interesting, and a lot of fun to be with.” Raymond – Virginia
“Awesome trip. I’ll be back. HE host did a great job of handling a couple of curveballs and turning them into home runs.” Scott – Virginia
HE Travel is proud to offer a gay ranch holiday in Colorado. Your skill level is irrelevant; new or experienced, this ranch is right for you! Join us as we explore the cowboy lifestyle and bond with a hand-picked horse that has just the right temperament for you.
Our wranglers for the week will give tips for safe horseback riding and you’ll be able to decide how much you can handle throughout our week of excursions. Other exciting activities that will be available for your enjoyment are fly-fishing, whitewater rafting, cattle sorting and clay pigeon shooting.
The ranch’s chef will plan amazing meals with a culinary flare produced from high-quality local meat and produce. Most everything is raised on location, including the meat, eggs and a selection of fruits and vegetables. Even if it’s not from the ranch, it is local, making for a most authentic experience!
Come join us for the magnificent exploration of this Colorado Ranch.
Day 1: Touch Down Grand Junction
Upon arriving at the Grand Junction airport, look for the HE Travel shuttle that will take you to our hotel in Wine Country. We’ll meet up this evening for a welcome dinner full of fresh, sustainable local foods prepared in the classic French tradition.
Day 2: Wine Country and Off to the Ranch
Today we will have a relaxing breakfast at the hotel followed by free time to relax poolside and enjoy the sun. For those that are interested, we will certainly visit local wineries to soak in the culture and allure that is Colorado Wine Country. In the afternoon we will depart for the ranch.
Once we’ve arrived and taken time to settle in, there will be time to explore before dinner. There is a pool on-site as well as plenty of lounge spots throughout the guest house. The common areas include a full kitchen, a living room, and a recreation room. In your free time, don’t forget to take advantage of the rustic stone fireplace, pool table and great views from the decks. The food is certainly top-notch and qualifies this all-inclusive tour to be a culinary delight as well.
Day 3-7 Riding, Fishing, Rafting, Cattle Drive and More……
Good morning, cowboys! Each morning, we’ll enjoy a satisfying and filling breakfast before heading out on the day’s adventures. Throughout your time on the ranch, you will enjoy horseback riding through different terrains: climbing hills, crossing small creeks and meandering through trees and sagebrush. The Wranglers will pair everyone with a horse that best fits their skill level. Get ready to have a new four-legged friend by the end of the week!
Aside from horseback riding, activities throughout the week include :
- Fly-fishing – there are over 22 catch and release ponds on the property. Catch all 5 species of trout and earn the honor of scoring a Grand Slam!
- White-water raft through gorgeous Glenwood Canyon as we cruise a 9-mile stretch of the Colorado River (Class 3 Rapids).
- Wild horse driving tour through the Little Book Cliffs. We will stop and enjoy beautiful scenic lookouts and break for a picnic lunch. (Optional, instead of rafting.)
- Shooting clay targets.
- Cattle sorting, team penning & roping- get your hands dirty or spectate!
Lunches will be in various locations throughout the week, depending on the activities. Each evening before dinner, we will have time to relax or to enjoy the following amenities: pool lounging, billiards, cards, a beautiful hike or bicycle ride.
Dinners are always an enjoyable event with cocktails, appetizers, and even a fire if the weather permits. The food provided is top-notch and you will certainly be full after each long adventurous day.
Our final night is reserved for our farewell dinner! Bring your appetite for the best meal yet.
Wi-Fi is available, but we suggest using your free time to disconnect and swim in the pool, get a massage, play some pool, head out on an independent hike or bicycle ride.
Day 8: Farewell
Today we say farewell to the ranch, and the horses that we’ve bonded with over the past week, and head home after breakfast.
Price includes: 7 nights lodging; All Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners, including wine (or non-alcoholic substitute) at all dinners and at our ranch house; All land transportation within Colorado; Airport/hotel transfers on scheduled arrival/departures; Included tours and adventure activities as described as included in the itinerary; All guides and HE Travel Tour Director; Tips to local guide already included; HE Travel provides complimentary Medical & Evacuation Insurance for every US Resident on our group tours who does not have other coverage.
Not included: International/domestic airfare in and out of Grand Junction; Airport departure taxes; Extras in hotels (such as laundry, phone calls, and room service); Gratuities to HE Travel Tour Director; Cancellation insurance
Optional Tour Choices:
$1200 Single Supplement (for solo travelers who wish to enjoy a private bedroom and bathroom)
$350 extra for Eagle’s Nest Room. Second floor and private balcony.
We strongly recommend the purchase of Trip Cancellation and Interruption insurance to protect your vacation investment in case of unforeseen circumstances such as flight delay, illness, or injury. Click Here to learn more about our Insurance partner.
- What if I am traveling alone?
- Most of our trips draw more single travelers than couples. When couples do join us, it’s usually because they’re looking forward to interacting with a gay group; if they wanted a holiday by themselves, they wouldn’t have signed up to travel with us. Furthermore, the activities included with our trips serve as natural ice-breakers. Within a day, you’ll be traveling with friends. You don’t need to pay the single supplement if you’re traveling alone. We’ll be happy to match you with a roommate. Pay the single supplement only if you want a bedroom to yourself. For selected trips, including cruises, we will charge half the single supplement if you request a roommate but we can’t match you with someone.
- What is the physical activity level of this tour?
Physical Activity Level
No special skills are required, but you should have a moderate level of fitness to enjoy many of our adventure activities.
- Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour starts and ends in Grand Junction, Colorado.
- What will the hotels be like?
- The first night will be spent in Colorado Wine Country. The hotel offers farm to table dining with no shortage of wine. There is a swimming pool and a hot tub in our hotel and the rooms are spacious. The ranch guest house has a very spacious set up with a spectacular view of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains. There is a spacious deck to sit and enjoy the fresh air and gorgeous views. All bedrooms have private bathrooms. The common area of the house includes wide-open space that will allow those taking advantage of the full kitchen to socialize with friends in the great room and recreation area. You have access to a flat-screen satellite TV, DVD player, WIFI, a stone fireplace, and pool table.
- What can I expect while horseback riding?
- The horses on the ranch are accustomed to many different riders. The guide will match a horse with your experience. While the horses are well-trained and generally very gentle, they are animals and can be unpredictable. Like any outdoor activity, horseback riding has inherent risks and dangers. That said, most people are very happy with their horseback riding experience and injuries are rare. The rides are not traditional trail rides, as you’d find on a typical dude ranch. We limit the guests, so you really learn to control the horse and ride like a cowboy. The terrain varies so be prepared for a variety of rides.
- What do you suggest for gratuities?
- Your wranglers, cooks, ranch host, and other staff work hard to make your experience top-notch and HE Travel will cover their gratuity. If you feel that they were exceptional, it is up to you if you would like to give more. Your HE Travel tour director works hard behind the scenes to coordinate activities and smooth any glitches. Gratuities are appreciated and are at your discretion. On average, they tend to receive $8-$10 a day.
- Will there be cellular phone coverage?
- The ranch is situated between mountain ranges, which limits cellular service. Verizon is the only service that is currently available on the ranch. There are landlines in the guesthouse if needed.
- Additional Questions
- For answers to your additional questions, please email email@example.com or call 305-294-8174