2022 September 2 to 10 – 3 Spots Left
Prices listed are per person:
Shared Room: $5798
Private Room: $6798
Fly-fish for some mighty trout
Ride along/through creeks and rivers and lope across mountain meadows
Grab a morning coffee and watch the horses come in
Explore the charming town of Durango
Relax poolside while sipping a refreshing beverage
Enjoy downtime with pickleball, pool, horseshoes, and more
HE Travel is delighted to offer a gay ranch holiday in Southwest Colorado. Your skill level is irrelevant; new or experienced, this ranch is right for you! Join us as we explore the cowboy lifestyle and bond with a hand-picked horse that has just the right temperament for you.
Our wranglers for the week will give tips for safe horseback riding and you’ll be able to decide how much you can handle throughout our week of excursions. There is a set schedule, but there is flexibility for those who may not want to ride as much as others. Some other exciting activities that will be available for your enjoyment are fly-fishing, archery, and clay pigeon shooting.
The ranch’s chef will plan amazing meals with a culinary flare produced from high-quality meat and produce. Enjoy entrees like salmon, prime rib, chicken dishes, and grilled beef tenderloin along with homemade bread, fresh salads, pasta, and plenty of veggies. (Special dietary needs can be accommodated)
Come join us for this magnificent exploration of our SW Colorado Ranch.
Day 1: Welcome to Durango!
Touchdown Colorado! Upon arriving at the Durango airport(DRO), grab your luggage and we will meet up with our transfer for a beautiful 30-minute ride to the charming town of Durango for two nights. Settle in and let’s enjoy exploring this beautiful mountain town. This evening, we will meet up for our orientation, welcome drink, and our first dinner together.
Day 2: Hiking with a View
After breakfast, we will enjoy a lovely, moderate hike with some great views. Afterward, we will enjoy a much-deserved lunch and then stroll Main Street, and get better acquainted with the town. We will be sure to stop in for a delicious wine tasting to see what unique flavors the area offers.
Day 3: Off to the Ranch
Good morning, cowboys! We will enjoy a leisurely morning in Durango, including lunch, before heading to the ranch this afternoon! Get settled into your cabin accommodations for the week and feel free to go enjoy the pool. We will meet up for a drink later today before heading off to our first ranch dinner.
Day 4-8: Riding, Archery, Fishing, Rafting, and More……
Good morning, cowboys! Each morning, we’ll enjoy a satisfying and filling breakfast before heading out on the day’s adventures. Throughout our time on the ranch, we will enjoy horseback riding within 1000 acres of well-kept riding trails. The property borders the San Juan National Forest with gorgeous views. The terrain varies, including climbing hills, crossing/riding aside small creeks/rivers, and loping across mountain meadows. Our Wranglers will pair everyone with a horse that best fits their skill level. Get ready to have a new four-legged friend by the end of the week!
We will enjoy many other activities throughout the 6 nights/7days at the ranch:
- Fly-fishing – the ranch has over 2 miles of private water on the Florida River. There is also access to mountain streams and fully stocked private ranch ponds.
- Work on your skills in the outdoor riding arena
- White-water raft on the Animas River- if the river is flowing high enough.
- Shooting clay targets.
- Try out some archery
- Horseshoe pits, volleyball, basketball, pickleball, heated pool, hot tub,
- Guided nature hikes
- Read a book on your cabin porch
Lunches will be in various locations throughout the week, depending on the activities. Each evening before/after dinner, we will have time to relax and enjoy the amenities: a heated pool, hot tub, billiards, cards, horseshoes, pickleball, and more.
Dinners are always an enjoyable event and will certainly be filling after each long adventurous day. So grab a cocktail and enjoy your time at the ranch.
Wi-Fi is available, but we suggest using your free time to disconnect and swim in the pool, play some pool or head out on a hike.
Day 9: Farewell
Today we say farewell to the ranch, and the horses that we’ve bonded with over the past week, and head home after lunch.
Price includes: All lodging; All Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners, including wine/beer/some liquor (or non-alcoholic substitute) at dinners and at our cabins; All land transportation within Colorado; Airport transfers on scheduled arrival/departures; Included tours and adventure activities as described as included in the itinerary; All guides and HE Travel Tour Director; Tips to local guide already included; HE Travel provides complimentary Medical & Evacuation Insurance for every US Resident on our group tours who does not have other coverage.
We strongly recommend the purchase of Trip Cancellation and Interruption insurance to protect your vacation investment in case of unforeseen circumstances such as flight delay, illness, or injury. Click Here to learn more about our Insurance partner.
- What if I am traveling alone?
- Most of our trips draw more single travelers than couples. When couples do join us, it’s usually because they’re looking forward to interacting with a gay group; if they wanted a holiday by themselves, they wouldn’t have signed up to travel with us. Furthermore, the activities included with our trips serve as natural ice-breakers. Within a day, you’ll be traveling with friends. You don’t need to pay the single supplement if you’re traveling alone. We’ll be happy to match you with a roommate. Pay the single supplement only if you want a bedroom to yourself. For selected trips, including cruises, we will charge half the single supplement if you request a roommate but we can’t match you with someone.
- What is the physical activity level of this tour?
Physical Activity Level
No special skills are required, but you should have a moderate level of fitness to enjoy many of our adventure activities.
- Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour starts and ends in Durango, Colorado.
- What can I expect while horseback riding?
- The horses on the ranch are accustomed to many different riders. The guide will match a horse with your experience. While the horses are well-trained and generally very gentle, they are animals and can be unpredictable. Like any outdoor activity, horseback riding has inherent risks and dangers. That said, most people are very happy with their horseback riding experience and injuries are rare. The rides are not traditional trail rides, as you’d find on a typical dude ranch. We limit the guests, so you really learn to control the horse and ride like a cowboy. The terrain varies so be prepared for a variety of rides.
- What do you suggest for gratuities?
- Your wranglers, cooks, ranch host, and other staff work hard to make your experience top-notch and HE Travel will cover their gratuity. If you feel that they were exceptional, it is up to you if you would like to give more. Your HE Travel tour director works hard behind the scenes to coordinate activities and smooth any glitches. Gratuities are appreciated and are at your discretion. On average, they tend to receive $8-$10 a day.
- Will there be cellular phone coverage?
- The ranch is situated between mountain ranges, which limits cellular service. Verizon is the only service that is currently available on the ranch and works best on the main "street". There is a guest telephone room available to make calls and check in with loved ones. This is free of charge for long distance calls.
- Are there laundry facilities?
- All guests have access to the complimentary use of three washers, dryers and laundry detergent
- Additional Questions
- For answers to your additional questions, please email email@example.com or call 305-294-8174