← swipe →
2021 Dates Coming Soon
Prices listed are per person:
Private Room/Shared Bath with 1 person(private bath in Missoula): $4298
Private Room & Bath: $5248
Discover the beauty of Northern Idaho and Western Montana
Explore the Bitterroot Mountains and many surrounding rivers
Marvel at the beautiful river while sitting on the front porch
Hike through gorgeous Idaho’s Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness
Enjoy your private bedroom with limited occupancy
Relax in the hot tub at your log cabin
Sip your beverages and enjoy your meals on this all-inclusive week away!
Our Idaho tour is created with your safety in mind during this pandemic of 2020. Cabin occupancy is limited to private rooms with your choice of a shared or private bathroom. Join us in this remote Idaho location, with the freedom to relax at the cabin or join the group hikes. If the water level allows, we will spend a half-day on the river in duckies. This is a laid back leisurely tour that includes as much or as little as you would like. Spend time with the group or head out for some hiking or beach time on your own. Every cabin has a hot tub on the deck to enjoy and plenty of comfortable space inside. All meals at the lodge are included in our onsite restaurant, with limited seating to ensure social distancing is happening.
Day 1: Welcome to Missoula, Montana
Arrive in beautiful Missoula, Montana for one evening. Tonight we will gather for our orientation, welcome dinner, and get to know our group.
Day 2: Off to the Cabin
After breakfast, we will make our way to our Idaho getaway in our authentic log cabins. Our drive today will have amazing views, as we make our way through the gorgeous Lolo Pass. Therefore, we will make a couple of stops along the way to stretch our legs, admire the views, and enjoy lunch.
Bring your swimsuit, as the adventure will include an easy hike to enjoy some hot springs!
Days 3 – 6: Hiking, Kayaking, Hottubbing…..
We will enjoy the next 3 nights at our log cabin nestled in the wilderness of Idaho. We are limiting the number of clients in each cabin to help keep everyone at a safe distance, including private bedrooms for everyone. Each day we will enjoy group activities, or you are welcome to enjoy the days at your leisure. There are areas near our cabins for walks to the beach or some hiking. You can even stay in your cozy cabin and enjoy a good book. Each log cabin has its own hot tub and living space. All meals are included at our onsite resort restaurant, with limited seating to keep everyone socially distanced outside(weather permitting).
We will Explore Idaho’s vast backcountry each day. There are miles of hiking trails on National Forest land near the resort, and it’s absolutely gorgeous. There are trails for every type of hiker. We will choose our hike based on the groups’ experience level.
Keep an eye out, as you may see moose, elk, or possibly a black bear. If the water level allows, we will spend a nice relaxing half-day kayaking in duckies on the beautiful river upstream from the cabins. We will stop to enjoy lunch on one of the many beaches on our journey.
In the evening, relax at the cabin in your hot tub, enjoy the river view, or enjoy some friendly card games.
Day 7: Back to Montana
After breakfast, we will make the lovely drive back to Missoula, Montana. We will check into our hotel, enjoy some lunch and have the afternoon free to explore. This evening we will meet up for our Farewell Dinner at a nearby restaurant.
Day 8: Farewell and Travel Safely
At your convenience, enjoy breakfast at the hotel, before your transfer to the airport.
Price includes: Accommodations in Missoula and Syringa, in single occupancy; All transportation when traveling as a group; Arrival and departure airport transfers in Missoula, Montana and to/from the cabins in Idaho; All meals during the tour; Wine or soft drinks at the Welcome and Farewell dinners; Alcohol will be provided in each cabin as well as at dinners at the lodge; Services of a knowledgeable HE Travel tour director; fees to all locations listed in the itinerary; Meal and driver gratuities; HE Travel provides complimentary Medical & Evacuation Insurance for every US Resident on our group tours who does not have other coverage.
Not included: Airfare between home and Missoula, Montana; Tips to local guides, hotel staff, and gratuity for the HE Travel tour director/host; Personal items such as telephone calls, and laundry.
We strongly recommend the purchase of Trip Cancellation and Interruption insurance to protect your vacation investment in case of unforeseen circumstances such as flight delay, illness, or injury. Click Here to learn more about our Insurance partner.
- What if I am traveling alone?
- Most of our trips draw more single travelers than couples. When couples do join us, it’s usually because they’re looking forward to interacting with a gay group; if they wanted a holiday by themselves, they wouldn’t have signed up to travel with us. Furthermore, the activities included with our trips serve as natural ice-breakers. Within a day, you’ll be traveling with friends. You don’t need to pay the single supplement if you’re traveling alone. We’ll be happy to match you with a roommate. Pay the single supplement only if you want a bedroom to yourself. For selected trips, including cruises, we will charge half the single supplement if you request a roommate but we can’t match you with someone.
- What is the physical activity level of this tour?
Physical Activity Level
The main daily activities involve hiking on guided tours.
- Where does the tour start and end?
- This tour starts and ends in Missoula, Montana.
- What will the hotels be like?
- Our hotel in Missoula will be a 3 or 4 star; depending on group size. Our other nights will be in secluded log cabins in Idaho.
- Is WIFI available?
- There is no WIFI in the cabins. There is limited WIFI at the cafe. This is a great time to relax and unplug from the world.
- How is the cellular service at the cabin?
- The cellular service is not great, as we are in a valley. We will be giving you the lodge phone number in Newsletter #3, that you can then share with friends and family.
- Additional Questions
- For answers to your additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 305-294-8174