2023 Dates Coming Soon
Prices listed are per person:
Shared Room: $TBA
Private Room: $TBA
Discover the beauty of Northern Idaho and Western Montana
Explore the Clearwater National Forest
Marvel at the beautiful scenery
Hike through Idaho’s gorgeous Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness
Enjoy horseback riding in Lolo
Relax and take in the clean mountain air
Sip your beverages and enjoy your meals on this all-inclusive week away!
This Idaho Mountain Getaway allows us to get out into pure nature. The tour starts and ends in hip Missoula, Montana. We will then head to the temperate rainforest of Northern Idaho to spend time hiking, soaking in hot springs, taking a dip in the cool Lochsa River, and an afternoon of horseback riding. We will have great views from our cabins and meals will be enjoyed indoors or out, depending on the weather.
Day 1: Welcome to Missoula, Montana
Arrive in beautiful Missoula, Montana for one evening. Tonight we will gather for our orientation, welcome dinner, and get to know our group.
Day 2: Off to the Cabin
After breakfast, we will make our way to our Idaho getaway in our authentic log cabins. Our drive today will have amazing views, as we make our way through gorgeous Lolo Pass. We will make a stop along the way to stretch our legs and admire the views.
Days 3 – 6: Hiking, Horseback Riding, Hot Springs…….
We will enjoy the next four nights at our log cabins nestled in the wilderness of Idaho. Each day we will enjoy group activities, or you are welcome to enjoy the days at your leisure. There are areas near our cabins for hiking and exploring. You can even stay in your cozy cabin and enjoy a good book. All meals and drinks are included at our onsite resort restaurant. This tour is all-inclusive.
We will Explore Idaho’s vast backcountry each day. There are miles of hiking trails on National Forest land, and it’s absolutely gorgeous. There are trails for every type of hiker. We will choose our hikes based on the groups’ experience level. The hikes range from 3-8 miles.
We will enjoy some horseback riding through the Bitterroot Valley. Keep an eye out, as you may see moose, elk, or possibly a black bear.
Bring your swimsuit, there are many hot springs areas to explore and we will do just that!
In the evening, relax at the cabin, read a book, or enjoy some friendly card games, and conversations with new friends.
Day 6: Back to Montana
After breakfast, we will make the lovely drive back to Missoula, Montana. We will check into our hotel, enjoy some lunch and have the afternoon free to explore. This evening we will meet up for our Farewell Dinner at a nearby restaurant.
Day 7: Farewell and Travel Safely
At your convenience, enjoy breakfast at the hotel, before your transfer to the airport.
Price includes: Accommodations in Missoula and Powell; All transportation when traveling as a group; Arrival and departure airport transfers in Missoula, Montana, and to/from the cabins in Idaho; All meals during the tour; Alcohol and non-alcoholic drinks will be provided while at the cabin as well as at dinners at the lodge; Services of a knowledgeable HE Travel tour director; fees to all locations listed in the itinerary; HE Travel provides complimentary Medical & Evacuation Insurance for every US Resident on our group tours who does not have other coverage.
Not included: Airfare between home and Missoula, Montana; Tips to local guides, hotel staff, and gratuity for the HE Travel tour director/host; Personal items such as telephone calls, and laundry.
We strongly recommend the purchase of Trip Cancellation and Interruption insurance to protect your vacation investment in case of unforeseen circumstances such as flight delay, illness, or injury. Click Here to learn more about our Insurance partner.
- What if I am traveling alone?
- Most of our trips draw more single travelers than couples. When couples do join us, it’s usually because they’re looking forward to interacting with a gay group; if they wanted a holiday by themselves, they wouldn’t have signed up to travel with us. Furthermore, the activities included with our trips serve as natural ice-breakers. Within a day, you’ll be traveling with friends. You don’t need to pay the single supplement if you’re traveling alone. We’ll be happy to match you with a roommate. Pay the single supplement only if you want a bedroom to yourself. For selected trips, including cruises, we will charge half the single supplement if you request a roommate but we can’t match you with someone.
- What is the physical activity level of this tour?
Physical Activity Level
The main daily activities involve hiking on guided tours.
- Where does the tour start and end?
- This tour starts and ends in Missoula, Montana.
- What will the hotels be like?
- Our hotel in Missoula will be a 4 star. Our other nights will be in secluded log cabins in Idaho.
- Is WIFI available?
- There is no WIFI in the cabins. There is very limited WIFI at the cafe. This is a great time to relax and unplug from the world.
- How is the cellular service at the cabin?
- The cellular service is non existent once we leave Missoula. We will be giving you the lodge phone number in Newsletter #3, that you can then share with friends and family.
- Additional Questions
- For answers to your additional questions, please email email@example.com or call 305-294-8174